TTC at 37

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SH28 12 yrs ago
Hi there! Looking for some much needed support from anyone who has had any luck with IVF in HK. I have been TTC for 16 months. My partner is well and all is well with me in general except my FSH is at 15 and have 2 miscarriages. I'm seeing Dr. Ho and also Troy Sing for accupuncture. I don't know if to go into IVF or not. Feeling a little helpless as we have tried so many things for so long and IVF is really going to cost us.

Has anyone had similar experience?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
babybemine 12 yrs ago
Hi, I have never done IVF but I thought I would respond to give you some hope. I have had 2 children in my late 30s/early 40s (and I know many others who have had babies at this age too). The first time was through IUI and the second time was completely natural even though my FSH was considerably higher by then. For some people, the first IVF/IUI does the trick and for others it is naturally, in-between treatment cycles. You may want to try IUI first and if after a couple of times, it doesn't work, then the doctor will probably suggest IVF anyway. Keep trying naturally in between as you never know what will work for you - it only takes one good egg. Hang in there and keep trying.

Christeve 12 yrs ago
There is evidence associating vitamin D deficiency, miscarriage and infertility.

In fact, vitamin D is now considered such an important fertility nutrient, one group of Yale researchers devoted an entire study to learning what happens when levels decline. Here they studied 67 women who had problems conceiving – and found that 93% of them were low in vitamin D. According to researcher Dr Lubna Pal, “ Of note, not a single patient with either ovulatory disturbance or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) demonstrated normal Vitamin D levels; 39 per cent of those with ovulatory disturbance and 38 per cent of those with PCOS had serum 25OHD levels consistent with deficiency.

Have both you and your partners levels checked with a 25-hydroxy vitamin D test. Your levels should be somewhere between 40-90 ng/ml if they are lower than this you will need supplementation. If you have practised sun avoidance it is very likely you are deficient. The rates of deficiency are high in Hong Kong.

You can start supplementing now even before the test results, to boost your levels for the first month take 10,000iu's vitamin D3, magnesium and vitamin K2 100mcg (if you are taking blood thinning medication take K2 with your doctors advice) daily. Magnesium and K2 are important co-factors of vitamin D. After that if your levels are still low you can continue safely at these levels. To maintain your levels drop to 3000- 5000iu's daily.

SH28 12 yrs ago
Thank you for your advice & support. Much needed. Been on a natural cycle for a few months now. In my 2 week wait now. If no success, then will be trying IVF next month. Feeling anxious.

DiscoBayJames 12 yrs ago
My wife and I recently went thru IVF in Hong Kong, and I would be happy to share our experience with you. Please send me a message with yr contact number or email address.

James

smithdon 12 yrs ago
Hi. I have also reently been through my first (and thankfully successful) IVF cycle in HK. I am also happy to share my experience and answer any questions you may have. Good luck with this cycle too!

bwitched32 12 yrs ago
After having a miscarriage at 40 (natural conception) we ended up going though 3 IUI's and 1 IVF cycle (successful) after 12mths of TTC. I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I went through the IUI and IVF with Dr Ho.

petri420 12 yrs ago
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to this forum. My husband and I had been trying for the past 3 yrs. Been on chinese herbal meds, clomid (6 cycles), 3 IUI's and 1 IVF but failed. 2 miscarriages. We will start another round with IVF with a different doctor. Just wanted to know if there's anyone who can share their experience and perhaps lend some support. Thanks!

Mumble 12 yrs ago
Hi, I'm currently in my 2WW after having had ET 2 days ago and am happy to share my story, support and answer any questions you may have. IF can be very daunting...I'll be 36 this yr and we've been TTC for over 1 yr now. I had a partial molar pregnancy, 2xD&C's, used Clomid, did ovulation monitoring, 2xIUI's with Dr. Doo and now 1 IVF. Let's hope this one sticks!

petri420 12 yrs ago
Hi Mumble, thanks! I just PM you.

Mumble 12 yrs ago
Petri420, I just saw your message today and I've been trying to reply but the site won't let me!!!

How else can I contact you? Can you PM your email? I got your message but I don't know why mine won't send...

Mumble 12 yrs ago
Wait, I was able to go another route and was able to PM you. Let me know if you received my message.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad