Dr William So- Central

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sabrina TO 15 yrs ago
How do you find about Dr William So for IVF or IUI? I've tried 1 IUI & 1 IVF last year and 'm already 40. Still undecided if I should give another try? Or should see another dr?

I've been seeing a few chinese herbalist and taking herbs on and off but it does not seem to work.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
WKB 15 yrs ago
Hi Sabrina, if you do a search on this site for William So or Prolivfic you'll find quite a few postings.

As with all clinics in HK it's always busy, so don't expect too much personal service. The nurses are good but I felt a little ignored at first.

I decided to go with WS after reading Highlander's success story...thanks :-) I am also 40

WKB

mothercricket 15 yrs ago
what's WS?

Sabrina TO 15 yrs ago
Thanks WKB. I agree, the nurses in WS clinic are good and showed caring, esp Tracy. However, WS advice was quite general (give another try) and not result oriented.

WS-William So

WKB 15 yrs ago
I suppose that's the same with all clinics in HK, no solutions just try again and don't ask why.

Will you be using WS again? WS, Philip Ho & Milton Leong/Alex Doo seem to be the more popular docs on this site but they are so busy all the time. Did you do acupuncture too...I found it really painful but heyho all part of the process!

All the best for 2009 let's hope this is the year...

WKB

Sabrina TO 15 yrs ago
I was tempted to change doc worrying that I was alone and not being treated with the best advice. thank you for all the threads I learnt that this is not a one time bingo and I should be more patient and take this more seriously stop drinking wine, not to do vigorous exercise etc sleep early....

So I will see WS again + start to make appt with Troy for acp.

I used to have acp at Prolivfic.

Havefaith 15 yrs ago
Sabrina,

I am with Dr. Philip Ho and Troy (both for over one year). I am currently 35 weeks pregnant. I think the most important thing is to have confidence in your RE (and Ob). IUI and IVF is (as far as I can tell) trial an error. There are some lucky people who do get pregnant on their first try. For us, we did one IVF (which failed and there was nothing frozen) - pretty grim that month. Then we got pregnant twice with IUI (natural cycle). All along, I felt confident that I was in good hands - with both Troy and Dr. Ho. I also did not feel like a failure when it was an unsuccessful cycle (which can sometimes happen).

A change in lifestyle was necessary for me - I went part-time, picked up yoga, reflexology and organic food. It may not be necessary for everyone - but it was for me.

Take care + lots of baby dust to you.

HF

Sabrina TO 15 yrs ago
Thanks HF and enjoy your motherhood and many congratulations!!

Highlander 15 yrs ago
Hi Sabrina,

My opinion is that you seek opinion at Pro|IVF. Make an appointment with Dr Zhou Jia, the chief embroylogist. She could access you if you should go for IVF or IUI or if you are ready. They have a few doctor for you to choose, and one of them is Dr William So. Dr Zhou Jia also does acupuncture.

As far as I know, WS is also one of the director in Pro|ivfic. I only went to WS' clinic for urther check-up after I am pregnant. However, the nurses in WS' clinic are not so friendly as those nurses in Pro|ivfic.

Hope this helps.

sbochan 12 yrs ago
I am very disappointed with Dr William So's professionalism. The nurse there are also ignorant and careless. Dr So cannot even diagnose a simple upper Virgina infection. He is just a machine doctor who does standard procedures for IVF patients.

I went through IVF procedures with him and he was ok all along. But when I was undergoing abnormal heavy period flow and extreme pain after an unsuccessful attempt cycle, the nurse rejected for me to see Dr So for the whole month. They kept saying that my situation is normal and that Dr So is too busy to see me. Due to my prolonged period flow and pain which lasted for 30days, I finally got to see Dr So and at that time he diagnosed that I had a miscarriage based on various symptoms. But it was too late to proof as the nurse did not ask me to take any blood test.

When I was into my next period cycle, the extreme pain returned and I felt it was abnormal to still be in such pain the month following miscarriage. So I requested to see Dr So again but the nurse initially rejected me until I wouldn't leave the clinic, then I got to see Dr So after a few hours of waiting. But Dr So told me "honestly I do not know what is wrong with you. I could only give you pain killers". This is totally unprofessional and he recogns it was "functional pain" and there's nothing wrong with my body. So I could only leave and go home.

The next day the pain was back and it was so painful that I was admitted into HKSH to see their OBS doctor as an Emergency case. Dr Tam Kar Fai there is really nice and professional. Finally I was diagnosed to be having an infection which Dr So had totally ruled out this possibility even when my white blood cells level was on the high side indicating an infection. He explained that I could have been having a flu or something which could cause a high level of white blood cell. This is totally Bull Shit!!! He didn't even bother to do a swap test for me to confirm.

There are other bad experience with Dr So but I think I've already made my point here. He is not a good doctor as I've heard he used to be.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad