Pregnant!!! What do I do next?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hobbster 12 yrs ago
Hi all, I've just found out I'm pregnant... :) I am about 5 weeks... Was just wondering what the next step is. I will be going through the public system, probably at Pamela Youde, but would like to do some private appointments on the side. This will be my first so everything's new for me and I don't really know what to do, any help or advice would be appreciated :)

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
michelle_a_bella 12 yrs ago
First you need to get your pregnancy confirmed by a doctor in order to register at the hospital. Once you have this letter you can go along to register. call the hospital first to check if you can register on any day/time as some only do new registrations at specific times. Other documents you will need are your HK ID card, proof of address, husband's ID card copy. The hospital will then arrange your first antenatal appointment. As for seeing a private OBGYN just find one that you like and use them. I am also doing this and all up will only see my private doc about 6 times. I just go every couple of months for a scan and more detailed information than what I get at the hospital. Though saying that I have found nothing wrong with the treatment that I have got at the hospital. The doctors have been very friendly and helpful and when I had a problem with my blood pressure they were very cautious and tested me for everything under the sun and even admitted me to hospital for a day for monitoring. I dread to think what this would have cost if I had gone private! Try and get all important tests done through the public hospital as it is free.

hobbster 12 yrs ago
Thanks so much for your reply! I'm still trying to decide which obgyn to see, do you have any recommendations? A friend of mine has recommended Dr Alex Doo, has anyone had any previous experience with him?

hobbster 12 yrs ago
One more thing, is there anyone else that has been through the registration process at Pamela Youde recently? I've tried looking on their website but it's a bit confusing. Was just wondering if anyone has the number that I should call for registration enquiry...

michelle_a_bella 12 yrs ago
The phone number is 2595 7712

Antenatal Clinic

Mon, Wed, Fri pm

Wed, Fri am

http://www.ha.org.hk/visitor/ha_visitor_index.asp?Content_ID=10065&Lang=ENG&Dimension=100&Parent_ID=10053

Hope that helps :)

hobbster 12 yrs ago
Thanks so much for your help!! Everything's sorted now :)

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad