C-Section - Dr Ghosh or Dr Doo?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Stephie 12 yrs ago
Hello.. we're new to HK - would appreciate feedback on experience of c-section delivery, recovery and scaring? It seems that both Drs can get us into Matilda. Also does the Drs charge depend of the room type you choose? thank you!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
amitsingh 12 yrs ago
Hi Stephie

Don't base your choice of Doctors on whom can get you at the Matilda Hospital. A handful of doctors have some pull at the Matilda. Those being Arabinda Ghosh, Lucy Lord, Alexander Doo, Patrick Chan.

Go see them all and make a decision on whom you feel comfortable with. Their prices not only vary but also on how they are as doctors and how you may respond with them.

Lucy Lord is for some a bi**h, for others the best.

Ghosh is known to be very keen on c-section.

Chan and Doo also have mixed reports.

Yes, doctors and the hospital charges have a sliding scale depending on your room, i.e. the more private the room the higher the hospital and doctor will charge. Be sure to check your insurance plan as c-sections can be very expensive.

Do also take a look at Adventist Hospital as an alternative.

Hope it helps. Good Luck.

Stephie 12 yrs ago
thank you - appreciate your reply, most helpful.

Due to previous medical history I require a c-section, so that is why I am seeking info on the technical aspects from those who have had c-section with either Drs..

thanks again!

amitsingh 12 yrs ago
definitely advisable to visit them all for a consultation. Get a feel for them and how you warm up with them. it is important you are most comfortable and have the upmost confidence in a doctor, therefore visit them and see how you feel.

trust your gut...

good luck.

hknixon 12 yrs ago
Why not consider QMH the staff up there would do more c-section than any private Dr and it will cost you a total of $300! The high risk team up there are absolutely fantastic. If I had another baby I would do it there again without a doubt. Or you could go private there and see C P Lee who is also fantastic.

Aussierules 12 yrs ago
I used Dr Ghosh, and cannot say enough good things about him. First of all, he has good bedside manners. After visiting a few local Chinese docs, I realised how important it is to be with a doc who treats you like a person, not a number. Secondly, the longest I ever had to wait at Dr Ghosh's office is an hour becos he does not over take patients. I have waited for 2.5hrs with Dr Joseph Chan at Sanitorium. Thirdly, and most importantly, during my c-section, I had complications with my placenta and my baby's head position. Dr Ghosh was calm and dealt with the sitations in a breeze. Both the baby & I turn out fine. Quite frankly, there isn't another doc I can trust other than Dr Ghosh. However, that's based on personal experience.

Also, he left it to us to decide whether we wanted a natural or C-section birth. But in the end my baby was too big (9.5lbs at birth), we didn't have much choice.

Good luck with whichever doc you choose, and just relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Stephie 12 yrs ago
great info - many thanks.. we just arrived two weeks ago - I'm due in May and we're not married just to add a few extra complications, but all good, what will be will be - that's how we got here to start with! :)

9.5!! that's pretty big babe... hope is all well..

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad