Ideas for a home birthday party

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by MayC 17 yrs ago
I will be holding a birthday party for my 3 year old in a month's time but need ideas on WHAT to do with the kids.

There will be a total of 10-12 kids attending.

Party will be from 12 noon - 1.30pm.

I'm thinking of baking a cake and the kids could help me decorate with fruits (but there are 10 of them!!) Any other ideas on what I could do with children this young?

It's a Barney themed birthday party.

Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
hkchoichoi 17 yrs ago
I'm assuming with this number you're also expecting the same number of parents/helpers? (10 more adults?)

I would say cupcake decoration vs. cake deco. then you can each kid work on their own. (by the way - this last about 10 minutes)

we did cookie decorations as well - they liked it too.

The big hit was a treasure hunt - but non-competitive style - you hide objects (in your case sets of 10 of the same thing - one for each kid) and collect them all. Then at the end of the party, you just pass them out and the kids take them home. They get to enjoy the hunt, but it all parcels out equally. You could find barney stickers, and do individual barney stickers, two crayons together, box of organic raisins - stuff like that. Mine was a butterfly theme, so I did butterfly hair clips, butterfly stickers, butterfly fuzzy toy thing - small little things - not a lot of money. (but you have way more kids than I do - I had 3 guests plus my daughter.)

neenib 17 yrs ago
Pass the parcel is always a winner with kids. But remember to put enough little presents in the wrapping so one doesn't miss out. Or the freeze game. Put the music on and they have to dance around, then stop the music. good luck!

MayC 17 yrs ago
HKCC, neenib and Saikunga,

Thank you for the great tips. I like the idea of cupcakes and Mummy wrapping. That should be fun.

I agree that I should have invited only 3-4 of her closest friends. Too late now.

cd 17 yrs ago
Musical statues and musical bumps are firm favourites with that age. The mummy wrapping is more suitable for older kids, its actually quite tricky. A sweetie scramble always goes down well. ,maybe have a colouring table with Barney prints and crayons, or a playdough table. Make a poster sized picture of barney and have Pin the Nose on Barney or something similar. Balloons are always fun and can be played with for ages. Action songs, like simon says, Oranges and Lemons, The farmers in his den. At this age the kids really do enjoy the simple 'old fashioned' type party. And don't worry about the numbers, we always have at least that number.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad